Friday, September 6, 2013

3NES Show




Here are my pieces for the 3NES Show which opens this evening at Bottleneck Gallery in Brooklyn, NY. Each participating artist created work based on Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, and Metroid.

My thoughts going into these pieces were that I wanted to stick closely to the original NES games, as opposed to branching out into subsequent games, and I wanted to base them around the female characters in each game. I also knew that I wanted to do some action scenes (which I haven't done recently,) and lately I've had an itch to draw a gnarly monster, so drawing Ganon was able to take care of that for me.

I've seen some of the other pieces for this show and they are all fantastic. Seriously, it looks like everybody went above and beyond for this one.

Prints of these pieces will be for sale at the show, so if you are in the Brooklyn/New York area please stop by!





10 comments:

Kyu-bum Lee said...

These are gorgeous!

Strange Kid said...

Absolutely amazing work Glen! The Zelda/Ganon piece is definitely my favorite - love your design for both chracters - but Metroid/Mother Brain come in a close second. :)

Tyler Stott said...

Crazy AMAZING!!

Kathan McCallister said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathan McCallister said...

Fantastic work on each of these pieces, though I'm fallen in love with the Samus piece in particular.

REALLY hoping it makes it into a print so that I can snatch up a copy to proudly display!

Keep up the great work!

มโน เอาเอง said...

Welcome to the new world.
azartplay.org
12bet12bet.com

Heart said...

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post.สล็อต 999

Heart said...

Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future alsoWow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future alsoสล็อตวอเลท

Heart said...

I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post.บา คา ร่า วอ เลท

Yong said...

I am continually amazed by the amount of information available on this subject. What you presented was well researched and well worded in order to get your stand on this across to all your readers.เว็บ ตรงเว็บ ตรง