Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Breaking Bad


Here's my piece for the Breaking Bad art show that opened this week at Gallery 1988. When they asked me to be part of an official collaboration with one of the best shows on television, how could I say no? This is another one of those things that I am just ecstatic to be a part of.

I remember way back during the first season of the series I had a friend who raved about it, insisting that all our friends give it a chance. I knew that it was about a guy who cooked meth, so I was curious about why it would be so highly recommended since drugs aren't usually a topic I'm interested in. It turns out that focusing on the drug aspect isn't really the point; the show is just a quality, entertaining, and amazingly well written program. It's better than most film dramas I've seen in the last few years.

When I got to the episode where Walt climbs down into the secret crawlspace and finds some of his money missing, I fell in love with that shot and I knew I had to use it for my piece. Something about the visual of him lying in the dirt underneath his house while the camera zooms out through his ordinary-looking closet was so cool to me. It felt like sort of an iconic moment of the series.

A couple of websites have covered the show (the artwork may include some spoilers):

Flavorwire.com
HuffingtonPost.com
Fastcocreate.com
SCPR.org
LAist.com


And here's a photo of some of the cast at a special pre-opening party!

I would post a link to my print in the G1988 store, but it has already sold out! Thanks everybody!


3 comments:

DWN82 said...

Glen,

This is a great print I was lucky enough to get one. I'm curios how you make your prints I'm not sure exactly what a digital print is. Is it the same as a giclee? Also what is the significance of Jessie in the doorway?

Thanks,

Pat

mokuy said...

This is extremely academic content and composed very well for a adjust. It is really awesome to determine that a lot of people nevertheless understand how to put in writing a quality publish.!สล็อตทรูวอเลท

Glass Doors Westminster said...

Great reading yourr post