Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2 Year Anniversary



This is my anniversary present for my girlfriend Hillary! The main concept was a comic cover that features the two of us as superheroes, but beyond that I just tried to include things that I knew would be fun to draw. In other words, there's not much rhyme or reason to what sort of story this comic would contain, or much thought given to our superhero personas (aside from the fact that she's a super dentist!) The things I can tell you about that do have meaning are the Delorean, which is a car we'd both like to own, the obvious dental references, the card featuring the logo of my other superhero character Fakeout, and the box that holds the issue number. The 17th issue in the month of January refers to the date of our anniversary, and the Martin Luther King graphic is because our anniversary is on MLK day every year.

You also might notice some Mike Mignola inspiration in the style and composition.


No comments: