Wednesday, January 23, 2008

MacHeads



This looks really interesting, a movie about Mac users. And what's even better is that it doesn't seem to be shying away from pointing out how absolutely insane and pretentious Mac users can be.

Once again, for the record, I don't really hate Macs and I don't really hate the people who use them. That would be silly, just like the people in this video. What rubs me the wrong way about Macs is how people perceive them, and tend to act when they have them. Macs can do the same things as all other computers, no better, no worse. But They've gotten this reputation of being better equipped for art and design purposes just because they're trendy. A $1 watch tells time just as well as $500 watch, so there's only one reason why you buy the $500 one: to say "look what I have."

Sorry, I know this seems goofy, but when silly trends like this actually interfere with your ability to proceed normally in your chosen field it tends to aggravate you. I'm just glad I'm proficient in both Macs and PCs.


No comments: