Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm Watching the Watchmen


The Watchmen Movie Blog isn't updated too often but when they do update they don't jerk you around. They just recently posted some storyboard images to show off how faithful to the comic panels they're trying to be. I still have hope for this movie, partly because I want to have hope for it and partly because I haven't heard anything yet that would make me think they're doing a bad job. Though I guess they did abandon the "comic within a comic" for the main film and are just going to put it on the DVD. Maybe that's for the better? I don't know. But it does seem they're heading in the right direction. I mean one of the previously attached screenwriters wanted to update it to modern times. I can only imagine how awful that would have been. I think that just would have been a gateway to the mindset of "Well, we changed the time, so we can change ____ detail too."

So I'm eagerly awaiting this movie, but ultimately I do agree with Alan Moore that it didn't need to be taken from its native medium of comics. I think for me and lots of other fans of the book, this is going to be a "Okay, lets how close you got it" experience.

The movie blog is here.


No comments: